Sunday, September 6, 2009

To the Anti-Choice Group Which Decided To Kick Off It's Shindig On My Birthday

(I posted the following on their blog, but I doubt it will pass moderation)

Listen,

First of all, your archaic sexist anti-rights organization is starting it's campaign on my birthday. That is bad enough, but petty, and I realize that. However, I thought I would lead off with the least crucial of my points, as I am 99% sure this post will be deleted soon anyway, I figured at the very least you would hear something that a million other rational voices aren't telling you.

Second, you are men. Men shouldn't be pro-life, because men don't have babies. Your reproductive and physical choices are all up to you. If you have a growth you want removed, no one can stop you. If you want to get your tubes snipped, this is your right. No one will stop you. So you shouldn't be involved in legislation which affects women. And I know you will counter with the fact that you are "fighting for the unborn." Strangely enough, I don't remember them ever asking you to do that.

Thirdly, you are obviously a Christian organization, and yet I noticed you are not spending all your time helping out widows and orphans. You aren't in fact following numerous Biblical mandates. The following bible verses are New Testament quotes you are ignoring:

1Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
39 But I say to you, That ye resist not evil: but whoever shall strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41 And whoever shall constrain thee to go one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee, turn not thou away.

Luke 14:12 Then said he also to him that invited him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbors; lest they also invite thee again, and a recompense be made thee.
13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, and the blind:
14 And thou shalt be blessed: for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whoever he is of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him, `If thou dost will to be perfect, go away, sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.'

James 1 27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

So, if you guys are going to follow those verses, I commend you. Although I do expect this website to go down since you have to sell all your money to give to the poor. And I am now, formally requesting your cloaks and a thousand bucks. I will give you an address later where you can send them.

On a related note, here are the bible verses mentioning pro-life issues:

....

Moving on, my final point is this. Whatever you believe the Bible to say, whatever you think it says about life and all that, you are hurting people right now. There are people who need health care and you are taking one point of this bill and running with it. You are refusing to allow people to learn about sex in schools, refusing to allow people to have birth control and condoms, calling abortionists murderers and directly influencing all these insane actual murderers out there who shot up guys WALKING OUT OF CHURCH: all in the name of the prince of peace? Seriously, if you took your Bible and your religion seriously, you would keep your rosaries off of women's ovaries and go out there to help the hurting, curtail unwanted pregnancies, and take care of the widows and orphans.

I think you'd make God proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment